Roughly distinguishing between the technical and experiential components of the project through his use of drawing methods, Lucraft’s line drawings detail the complex building envelope while his renderings of aerial perspectives illustrate demonstrate the more atmospheric and ephemeral qualities of The Icelandic Forestry Commission.
Initial concept model set within the site model with site analysis and the designs response overlaid in white.
1. Photograph your model and print the chosen image.
2. Overlay tracing paper over the top of the photo and sketch on the key environmental aspects eg. sunpath, routes, vegetation, prevailing wind, site conditions and site plan.
3. Scan in the tracing paper.
4. In photoshop convert the image to black and white and invert the colours. (black becomes white, white becomes black).
5. Select colour range and choose black. Delete.
6. Import your original photo into the file and adjust the layers and sizes so that your trace annotation is overlaid over your photo.
"If you know where you are going, you are not learning."
Happy Birthday to Vassily Vassilyevich Kandinsky, the Russian artist credited with painting the first purely abstract works. Kandinsky’s creation of abstract work followed a long period of development and maturation of intense thought based on his artistic experiences. He called this devotion to inner beauty, fervor of spirit, and spiritual desire inner necessity; it was a central aspect of his art.
”Circles in a Circle”, 1923, Vassily Kandinsky.
Qualities of a walkable city
These seven urban qualities have not surprised planners and real estate people in the region. Rather it confirms what is already known that people in Stockholm search for walkability and high quality public space.
12:18// Okay, finally about to start the computer and do work. Despite the past, I must keep repeating, “I think I can I think I can I think I can.”